PEDIATRIC STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
WAS MAY 2016
pediatric stroke awareness campaign was a huge success! Thank you to everyone that participated by: posting their marker on the World Map, joining the Twibbon campaign or sharing the inspirational stories on My Stroke Story.
Even though May is over, raising awareness does not end. You can continue to help by:
- Adding you or your child's pediatric stroke story to the World Map!
- Read and share the powerful and inspiring stories from the My Stroke Story page.
- Share our editorials that came out via Mediaplanet:
- Visit our comprehensive Publications page for up-to-date resources for families, healthcare providers and EMS.
- Read and share the article from Neurology Now about diseases that typically occur in adults but can also affect children.
A stroke can happen to anyone at any age, including babies, children, teens, and even before birth. Unfortunately, there is very little information, support, and research for this population. The International Alliance for Pediatric Stroke (IAPS) was created to bring together global pediatric stroke communities, uniting in a common effort to advance knowledge, awareness and research for these children.
IAPS’s grassroots efforts are already making a difference, but we have a long way to go. Your support through donations and raising awareness are greatly appreciated! Check out our How You Can Help
page to find easy ways you can make a difference for children who have been impacted by stroke.
Our mission is proudly supported by leading pediatric neurologists and all of our information is approved by the physicians on our board. Our website provides extensive, comprehensive, and reliable resources for pediatric stroke. You can Get the Facts
, share our Fact Sheet
, connect with other organizations
, get access to many publications
and much, much more.
IAPS welcomes your comments, suggestions and questions. Please join us on this mission! We want to hear from you, so if you need help navigating the uncharted path of your pediatric stroke journey, contact
us. Together we will make a difference for all
children who are impacted by strokes!